Monday, June 04, 2012

Fanstory

I haven't thought of Fanstory in years.  I suppose it is a way to improve ones writing if one isn't sensitive.  Actually, most of the reviews are either cruel or not helpful at all.  I made one man really mad.  He wrote a story about a couple that had grown dissatisfied with each other    so they looked for another relationship outside of the one they had together.  They both made a blind date only to discover that their date was with each other. I told him what he wrote was the story of Frankie and Johnny and he was so mad.  He thought I was accussing him of plagarism.  I did actually. 

If people gave you an honest, helpful review most writers would be appreciative.  I wrote a short story about a baseball game.  It was a totally true story.  One reviewer told me my character wasn't realistic because he made a decision that was too mature for a twelve year old.  Yes it was realistic.  It was a true story.  Factual to a "T". 

One favorite comment was "You need to tighten the story up".  What is that supposed to mean? 

Anywas, I received an e-mail today from Fanstory.  That's the only reason I thought of it today.

No comments: