Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Diabetes

Tomorrow I had my 30 day checkup after starting insulin.  For 5 years my diabetes has been controlled by diet but my body quitmaking insulin so now I have to take the shots.  It isn't fun.  The biggest thing is the quick drop from around 9:30 until about 10   in the morning, especially when I am engaged in some physical activity like mowing the lawn, or hoeing weeds in the garden.  The first time it dropped to 70 I thought I was going to die. 

Yesterday I was just feeling a little hungry but thought it was too early to eat so I tested my sugar and my reading was 49.   Before I could put my test kit up I starterd shaking.  It isn't a good feeling. 

I had ran out of test strips so for four or five months I didn't test.  My average reading during the last three month before insulin was 400.  After taking insulin, my average reading, according to my test meter is 136. 

No comments: