Sunday, June 24, 2012

The cookout

Our church wanted to meet member of the community so we planned a cookout, plassed out invitations, invited everyone we came into contact with, and put a lot of time, effort and money into the event.  In some ways it was a success and in other ways it was a disappointment.  I do know we sure missed you there. 

One thing for sure about being part of an event like this, one  learns a lot about other people, who one can count on and which ones are a hindrance.  I did a lot of cooking and played a little horseshoes, the first time I've played in over twenty-five years. 

My biggest disappointment was that only one ballplayer from my team came to the cookout.  But I'm glad he came.  He is a good kid and his dad was a big help to me.  I wish them well. 

No comments: