Sunday, August 12, 2012

Herb Dean in Concert

To my surprise the singer at the church tonight was Herb Dean, the former song leader at Victory in Truth Baptist in High Point where I attended church  many years ago.  It has been twenty or so years since I have seen or heard from him.  I opened the church doors for him to set up tonight and as we were talking I mentioned a singer that I knew from many years ago and told him how much I really liked the way the man sang.  He recognized himself from the story and after he told me his name I recognized him.  I suppose he got  first hand experience in what people thought about him. 

Anyway he has still got it and did I really enjoy the music tonight.  I do have it on DVD and if anyone wants a copy I can make you one for $3.00. Just let me know. 

No comments: