Thursday, August 02, 2012

Too much hugging going on.

I wanted my 1000th blog to be special but I think blog #999 is just as important.  While watching the Olympics tonight, I decided that I must speak my mind about a tradition in gymnastics that I believe must not be allowed to continue.  It seems after every routine the coaches hug the girls and often give them a kiss. 

I noticed too that the girls hug each other  but more often than not, its like a high society hug and kiss where the two rich old people sort of hug and kiss the air beside the others cheek  and then switch sides and repeat, all the while saying "kiss, kiss".  They really don't hug or kiss or like each other.  It's just something that's expected. 

I haven't seen any other event in which the male coaches hug and kiss their athletes, specialy to the extent these old men put their hands on the young 16 year old girls.  I believe it is a practice that needs to stop.  If these men are so free with their affections in such a public venue, what must happen in the privacy of the trainning facility?  Probably nothing but it is still a distrubing and disgusting tradition.  

People get fired from their jobs every week for much less than what is displayed in women's gymnastics.  There is just too much hugging going on.

No comments: