Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Turtle taped to balloons floats over Calif. city

My commenter button doesn't work and neither does my video play button.  I had downloaded the latest Open Office because in the older version one could not number pages and in the latest version one can.  However every time I turned my computer on Open Office loaded and I would have to "x" out of it and I found that to be an irritant.  Any way, one thing led to another and it turned out to be much more complicated  than it should have been so now I have no Open Office at all and a screwed up Yahoo that won't let me make comments or watch videos.

Anyway, Yahoo has a story about someone taping a turtle to balloons and letting them float around.  I know people are upset about the turtle and indeed they should be.  But the balloons have the potential to do much more damage to wildlife if they landed on the beach or anywhere that wildlife could be attracted to the balloons.  Recently a bird used a balloon to build its nest and one of its babies straggled on the balloon. 

If the person that taped the turtle to the balloon is apprehended I hope part of his/her sentence is to clean up the beaches.

No comments: