Monday, August 27, 2012

Mother loses job to cheer on son and husband’s Little League World Series run

A ladys boss fired her because she took vacation time to cheer on her husband (the coach) and her son , a player on the California squad, in their run for the world Little League championship.  The writer of the piece asked if we would have done that.  I know I would have.

Back in the day my son was set to graduate from boot camp and I scheduled my vacation to see his ceremony.  It just happend to be over a holiday and my boss called me into his office and told me I'd have to choose another time to go.  I explained why I wanted vacation that week and he said he would fire me if I went.  I told him to go ahead. 
.
I remember when I graduated from boot camp and no one was there from my family.  The other guys had moms and dads, brothers and sisters, friends, relatives, wives and children to greet them  but I was all alone.  I knew I would never do that to my son. 

I'm 100% behind that woman for putting her family first. 

No comments: