Thursday, January 28, 2010

Exercise program

Several years ago I was diagnosed as diabetic. My blood pressure was high, normally around 165/72, trigycerides were over 600. chestrol well over 400, and I was almost 100 pounds overweight although I didn't think I was that fat.

I started visiting my doctor regularly and changed my eating habits. With my doctors help. I lost 30 pounds and all my numbers except for blood pressure and sugar were well within the normal range. Only after Christmas did my blood sugar climb to a level where i needed meds. After 3 months I would have it back under control.

The difference was that I love being outdoors and with digging my water pond, mowing the grass, planting trees and flower gardens, I got plenty of exercise. During the colder months I'm like a bear--I find a nice warm place to curl up in and stay put until it warms up outside.

This year to combat that problem my wife and I purchased a Wii. We use it daily, set goals for ourselves, and follow the exercise programs that cover the whole body. We do occasionally play one of the games--my wife likes bowling and I perfer golf.

She has done exceptionally well, losing 16 pounds in 48 days. I haven't done quite as well, but I have shrank pants size and people are always asking if Ihave lost weight.

She has better eating habits than I do and her schedule is steady. My changes from day to day. Some days I go to work at 5 am other days it might be 8, or 9, or 10, 0r 11, or 12, or one, and occasionally even as late as 2 o'clock. It is hard to maintain a rountine like this.

I must, however, do better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I about the brief should secure more info then it has.