Saturday, January 02, 2010

Secret admirer

Having someone wishing to quote a line from something I wrote is perhaps flattering. I have been quoted often but have always known who and what for. I have quoted others and sometime I have had to pay for the privilege but I have always had to get permission which entailed filing out a request form with the exact words I was going to use and in what context, if from copyrighted work and always giving full credit if from work in the public domain.

I suppose my blogs would fall under public domain but I'm not schooled on that enough to know how the law works on that issue.

A blogger named Anonymous said she was going to use sometime I said or an idea I expressed in a college report. Being without a real identity, I cannot say for sure if this unknown person is the same unknown person from the other blog. But someone or someones wishing to use me in their college work, even if it is in a derogatory way, is kind of like having a secret admirer-or a stalker. One never knows when an unknown person's attention may change from flattery to scary. That is why this person interests me. If the two request from Anonymous came from the same person, then I know Anonymous is a black female college student with a less than average grasp of proper grammar.

I hope she does well on the paper she is writing. I would rather be quoted in an A paper than one that receives a lesser grade.

No comments: