Monday, January 11, 2010

Internet shopping

I love the internet. I need some test strips and I checked at a local pharmacy and the price was $69.99 for 50 strips. Ouch!

I checked a few other places and all were the same price so I decided it might be best to buy a meter with cheaper strips. But first, I decided to check the internet. I found one place selling the box of fifty strips for $39.00 and alsmost sent an order but decided to continue checking.

Believe it or not, I found one site that sold a kit that included a meter, 100 test strips, and 100 lancets for $17.50 plus free shipping.

All that and I am still in my pj's on this cold morning.

Sometimes the convenience of shopping on the internet is negated by the cost of shipping but it is a great way to compare products and prices and find local suppliers if shipping costs are prohibitive. Overall, shopping on the internet has been a great time saver as well as money saver and has resulted in making better buying decisions.

No comments: