Thursday, January 07, 2010

Stupid lawsuits

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34743864/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

I exercise and sometimes a new exercise is one I cannot do and i know that I can't do it so I don't. i may do a version of it or I may just skip it, waiting for one I can.

However, the lady in this lawsuit was taking an exercise class and she informed her instructor that she could not do the next exercise. Instead of doing the logical thing and sitting it out, she attempted it anyway and when she hurt herself, she decided the injury was someone else's fault and sued.

When are people going to start taking responsibility for their own actions?

She would have had grounds for a lawsuit if the equipment was faulty or the instructor had failed to give all of the instructions, or had physically or mentally conercised her into doing something that was unsafe for her but to knowingly attempt to do something that one has already voiced an objection to because one knew it was unsafe for them to try, is crying fowl because they couldn't do it.

Grow up people.

No comments: