Thursday, August 14, 2014

Another example:

You’re paying off debt wrong is the latest title of an article telling me what I'm doing wrong.  So far I've cut my watermelon wrong, cooked my steak wrong, ties my shoes wrong, and I'm sure I've done many more things wrong according to the writers for Yahoo.  Maybe the way I do things is different but that doesn't make the things I do wrong. 
  I usually don't read those articles and I didn't read the one above either.  I have no debts so I guess I did something right.  Of course I still get bills like utility bills, car insurance bills, taxes, etc.  One can never be truly debt free and I still need to buy things like groceries, gas, and to replace an occasional item I've grown tired of or that has worn out. 
  I've been tying my shoes ever since that day my Dad said I had to or I couldn't go with him and so far my shoes have stayed on my feet.  The last steak I cooked was the most delicious steak I've ever eaten, and my method of cutting watermelon gets the job done.  Lord I cut enough of them since a grow watermelons. 
   Have you ever read an article on how to "cook the perfect" (insert food item here)?  Occasional someone  will  comment that they tried the recipe and it was delicious but almost every commenter will tell you  what is wrong with the article's recipe or what they do different.  it seems that some tasks are as individual as peoples tastes are. 
   There are usually more than one way to do things and some ways may be easier, more efficient, or faster than others and some foods may taste a little better if cooked or prepared in a slightly different manner but in most cases nothing tastes nearly as good as the original did.  That first of anything is what we have to compare all subsequent results with.
   As far as paying debts, one must not only consider the interest rate, the time frame, and the amount of the debt but the importance of the debt too.  Two debts can be of equal amounts for the same length of time at just about the same interest rate but if one is a credit card and the other is a secured debt it is almost always a better idea to concentrate on   the secured debt first.  But, as with everything else, it all depends. 

No comments: