Sunday, August 10, 2014

The next Chapter

Wednesday my wife and I attended another church .  The service was pleasant and the building was attractive and the preacher taught and he was interesting and knowledgeable and seemed to be doctrinally sound.  We sat down near the front and the two ladies in front of us greeted us and the song leader did as well.  Altogether about eight people plus the pastor stopped by our pew to say hello out of around 65 or 70 people that were there. 
   Just before the preacher began his lesson he had the congregation sing "Amazing Grace" and instructed the people to greet others.  I suppose twenty or more people stopped by,  After church the preacher said everyone shake 5 hands on your way out".  I think two people came by and we had already shook hands with them twice. 
    No one asked our names or showed any genuine interest in us.  I think if you are really glad I came  you would speak to me before the service started and may be look me up after the service to chat with me for a few minutes but no one really did that.  If you can't shake my hand on your own I wish you wouldn't bother just because the preacher told you too.  it's no genuine and being phony doesn't make me want to be around you. 
   The preacher called me   Thursday and Friday, after much prayer, I decided to remain at One Way Baptist Church but to resign as deacon and trustee.  It felt a little strange but it is good to be back home.        




No comments: