Thursday, August 14, 2014

Jebao PU-36W

     My Jebao UV clarifier came today and the installation was easy.  What exactly is a Jebao PU-36W UV clarifier? you ask.  I'm glad you did.
   What that does not have an outlet or water that moves into an outlet at a very slow pace will most likely turn green.  This is green algae.  Standing water in birdbaths often turn dark brown,  That too is algae but is brown algae and can be toxic to animals.  Green algae prevents one from seeing their fish in a fish pond and fish pond enthusiast like me spend a lot of money trying to prevent algae mostly with little or no success.  A UV clarifier is a device that treats water with UV light which kill the algae but in large ponds getting one big enough to do the job is cost prohibited to most folks, myself included. 
   I did have a really nice pump I purchased at Lowes in 2012 that had a small (4 watt) lamp and it  cleared my water fairly well and kept it reasonably clear.  the water was always tinted green but it was clear enough to enjoy my fish.  I had a second pump that I used to run a water feature but I disconnected it because debris would always clog the feature and it was a lot of work trying to keep it clear enough to use. 
   Well, my pump with the clarifier quit working a few weeks after the season started.  The second best way to keep a pond clear is with a too large pump and a good filtration system, which again can be extremely costly.  Again $300.00 to $400.00  for a plastic box with a few spiny balls and a piece or two of foam seems ridiculous.  Unfortunately it is a necessary evil. 
     The only filter I could find for my pump had to be installed after the water entered the pump which is one of the reasons I believe my pump burned out faster than it really should have.  I did have a filter for my smaller pump.  That pump was strong enough to circulate the water but did not have a clarifier nor was the filter adequate enough to clear the water.  The model pump that I had been using had been discontinued.  I could have purchased a similar pump with the same gph capacity for around the same price but without the clarifier.  I couldn't afford to buy a pump and a UV clarifier separately
    I was searching for a solution to my problem when I came across a deal on a Jebao  PU-36W clarifier for less than $80.00 and it came with rave reviews.   I ordered the unit and it was an easy install.  A unit this size normally sells for $300 to $400.00 and will treat 8,000 gallons of water.  An adequate pump sells for at least $150.oo and a filter for around $350.00.  One is talking at least $800.00. 
   Since my pond is only around 1200  gallons I believe my small pump will pull through enough water that the UV clarifier will kill the algae in a matter of a few days. 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        
  

No comments: