Thursday, April 09, 2015

Garden Wonders

     I like to check the status of my plants, trees, and gardens ever day.  My new rose bush is putting forth new growth.  I transplanted numerous flowers yesterday and all are standing tall this morning.  My three oldest peach trees are putting forth their first fruits this morning and all my apple trees have blooms.  Two of my cherry trees are full of blooms and my newest cherry tree seems to be doing well.
    Last fall I planted some peach seeds.  Most often I break the kernel out of the shell and wait until spring to plant but I just stuck the seeds in the ground last fall.  I had cleared an area on the other side of the creek bed and decided to plant fruit trees there.  I planted 5 holes hoping for three peach trees.  I now have my three. 
   All my established grape vines are now in bloom and the two cuttings I started this winter are in bloom also.  Of course there are some late bloomers like my Clematis and Crape Myrtle.  My biggest surprise this morning was a pumpkin seed I had planted has sprouted. 
    All I need now is some cantaloupe and tomato plants and for my vegetable seeds to sprout.  Everything is looking good so far.    
  

No comments: