Saturday, April 25, 2015

Gardning News April 25, 2015

      I planted a sweet Stella cherry tree today so now I have a pollinator for all three varieties of cherry trees.  So far I have 30 watermelon plants, 3 varieties, 25 cantaloupe plants (2 varieties), 12 squash,  2 zucchini and 15 pumpkin plants    stick their little heads above the soil.  I have six new peach trees in my mini-orchard.  My problem area last year was my tomatoes.  In my tomato garden one plant has died and the rest are struggling.  I planted two on my back porch (in buckets) and 5 in the big garden and they are doing much better so it just might be the space.
     I have finished planting for the year.  If it bears fruit that would be good and if it doesn't then so be it.  I hope I have a bountiful harvest as there are many hungry people out there and the kids just love the pumpkins.  I like the smiles on peoples faces. 

No comments: