Sunday, April 19, 2015

Which is better: a fund day with friends or yard work and a sick friend?

      A stupid question most people would say.  Friday my wife and I drove to Raleigh for a walk through the State Farmers market with some friends, one old and one new.  I enjoyed their company and looking at all the plants (even purchased a few), enjoyed our meal together, and even the drive there and back was pleasant.  A really fun and enjoyable day. 
     Saturday was much different.  Went to the city mulch yard and picked up two scoops of mulch and spread it around the yard as soon as I got home.  Got my first scoop at 8:30 am and finished spreading it at 11:30.  After lunch I mowed the grass, cleaned all my equipment and put everything away.  I was tired and sore  by then.  I rested about an hour  and then took some food over to a friends house.  The friend has a hard time under the best of circumstances but his surgery was really hard on him and his family.  The doctor was surprised he lived through his operation and was doubly surprised at how well his recovery is going.  God answers prayers and takes care of His own. 
    The man and his wife are really nice people.  It was a doctor's mistake that left him in a bad situation and my friend had to endure a lot of pain and inconvenience  before another doctor would even consider an operation.  My friend was told he most likely would not survive. 
   It brought my wife and I a lot of pleasure knowing that a good friend made it through such a dangerous situation and we were happy to bring comfort and aid to him and his family.  It also brought me pleasure to see how nice my yard looked after all the grooming.  So yea, it's a toss up between the two days.  Life is good.
   

No comments: