Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Why are some people's lives so full of drama.

      A lady visited our church Sunday morning for Easter services.  She called the preacher at 11:30 pm Sunday night complaining that she had left her bible at church and wanted him to go get it for her.  He told her she could contact me and he said he would give her my number but not until Monday morning.  She called but my wife took the call.  She wanted us to run over to the church to be sure her bible was there.  I told her to come to Randleman and when she got to the church to call me then and I would come unlock the door so she could get her Bible. 
     She called back and said she didn't have a ride to Randleman but was looking for one.  She claimed she left checks for some unpaid bills in her Bible and really needed to retrieve it.  She called back a couple of hours later and said she was on her way and would be at the church in 30n minutes.  Forty-five minutes later she called and said they were just then leaving Asheboro.  It was around three o'clock when she finally showed up to get her Bible.
   The funny thing was she never looked inside it to see if her checks and bills were still there.  One would think that was the first thing she would have checked for. 
   I don't believe there was anything about the Bible that could not have waited until Wednesday night.  There is always the possibility that she hoped the preacher or myself would have shown up by ourselves to meet her but that isn't about to happen.  I never meet a woman anywhere without someone else with me, preferably my wife. 
   Oh yes, people do set church members up.  In 1975 my then pastor got a call from one of his long time members and asked him to stop by his house for a talk.  When the preacher got to the address a woman dressed in a see through negligee opened the door.  The man he went to see was there but not in the house.  He was hidden outside with a camera.  The man and the woman then accused the pastor of inappropriate behavior, which wasn't true of course, but the preacher had no witness on his behalf. 
   I don't know why getting her bible back was of such importance to this woman.  She could have always written new checks and destroyed the old ones later.  I do know that it caused a big interruption in my life and got to many  people involved in a minor problem  Way to much drama.    

No comments: