Sunday, June 09, 2013

Easily offended part 3

It is hard to believe one woman can keep a saga going this long.  Her son, the man that claims he was offended when the remark was made that it would be better to understand and live the teachings of Christ than to merely memorize scripture is now supposedly going to be a missionary.  That is fine, well and good.  I'm proud of him.  Nothing was ever said to the woman so why is she so bent out of shape.  If anything she should have instructed her son how to handle controversies in a biblical manner.  Getting mad and start gossiping is not a proper way to handle things in a secular setting much less a church.  That's what people do I guess but it is wrong.

Well the anger of this women is going just a little too far.  I make DVD's for the shut-ins of the church.  I purchased the camera on my dime and give of my time to make and distribute these DVD's.  For the first year I purchased the materials as well.  One of the ladies I made the DVD's for passed away on March 1, 2013 and the angry lady asked me if I could make copies of all the DVD's since no one knew what happened to the set the deceased lady had.  I believe there were 35 or so DVS's and that did take awhile to make new ones: somewhere around 10 to 15 minutes each.  That adds up to 8 or nine hours plus the cost of the DVD's. 

The Sunday after I gave the angry lady the back DVD's she had me a stack of 24 DVD's in Jewel cases.  She said she purchased a stack of 100 DVD's.  I had the church treasurer write her a check for the full amount and asked the lady to bring me the remainder of the DVD's as we don't charge for the service, which she did.   

Now it seems that she is calling people and telling them she wants her blank DVD's back and considers me a thief for keeping them.  She is calling me a thief when the last time she was a church she was nearly out of gas and the pastor and his wife and my wife scrapped up thirty dollars to get this lady some gas and even followed her to the service station to make sure she could get there.  She never repaid the pastor, his wife or my wife. 

I don't want her to repay my wife and I don't believe the pastor is worried about the money he and his wife gave to her.  What I would like is all the people who read this blog and are Christians to include this woman and her son in your prayers.  I won't mind if you included me in your prayers either. 

No comments: