Friday, June 14, 2013

Used car deal

I drive a 1994 Ford Pickup with 198,000 mile son it. I was driving it to Hickory once a month but I'm just not sure its safe to do some plus its hard my Mom to get in and out of it.  I would like to find a reliable vehicle that would be more comfortable than my car or truck that is really nice but I don't want to pay a lot for it. 

I found a van at a dealership that is extra sharp.  A 2004 with 58000 miles on it but it is a cash deal and the dealer wants $8900.00 for it.  Kelly Blue book has a retail price of $4600.00 but the dealer says they use NADA which shows a price about a thousand  more.  Even that only brings retail to
$5600.00.  The dealer still wants $7500.00.  I pointed out that the NADA price already includes a profit and I'm not giving them an extra 2 grand on top of that.  I know the car is extra clean, low mileage and they had to fork out a few hundred to bring the vehicle up to maintenance so I think $6500.00 is more than adequate. 

So what do you think?   

No comments: