Friday, June 07, 2013

neighbors kid in jail again

His parents seem to be nice people.  The kids are lazy no-good bums.  When they are home they stay on the front porch and drink beer.  When I first moved here they still lived at home and their baby mommas would drop the babies off when it was their turn to watch the kids.  Sometimes I had to listen to these  child/women beat on the front doors for up to an hour while they were trying to get the men to answer the door. 

I suppose the occasions when they do show up in the neighborhood it is most likely when they aren't in jail and have a temporary housing problem.  But when the men are here there are constant visitors.  One night the skinny woman with no teeth that lives up the street drove her Kia Soul   done here to see him and the taller boy turned the music full blast.  I walked over and asked the younger, smaller one to turn it down and he was polite, said "yes Sir" and turned the music to a normal volume.  The tall one came out "What's the problem?"  I told him his music was too loud.  He replied "What's an acceptable volume for you?" 

"As long as I can't hear it," was my reply. 

"That's impossible," he retorted.  "You might as well call the police now." 

"Okay, I will."

They did leave the volume down and the woman stayed another ten minutes and left. 

It seems that a woman went to the police and complained that the man had borrowed her car in exchange for $100.00 worth of crack and now he wouldn't give her car back.  Stupid woman gave the police permission to search the vehicle.  Dogs are drug sniffing dogs and would not have alerted on the meat she had stolen from Wal-Mart.  I guess she needed a fix so bad she couldn't take the stuff home and put in a refrigerator first. 

She was arrested for larceny and procession of stolen goods and he was arrested on an outstanding warrant of failure to appear.  With him in jail I know it will be quiet in the neighborhood for awhile. 

No comments: