Friday, June 07, 2013

TGIF, if I worked.

It really doesn't matter as much what day of the week it is when one is retired as I don't have to schedule all my activities around what I have to do  Sundays for church and Tuesday morning to get the trash out are about the only things I have to work around and the Tuesday thing is really flexible.  Normally I mow the grass at home on Thursdays and at church on Fridays but because of the rain I mowed at the church yesterday morning.  My yard can wait.  But with all the rain there isn't much I can do.  It's too wet to even go fishing.  If I had a job I would have something to do.  I could go shopping but there isn't much I need or really want.

The wife and I ate at the new Hwy 55 in Randleman.  In Greensboro they are called Andy's.  I'm not sure why they mix their name like they do but it is what it is.  I really like the ones I have eaten at previously and the Randleman location is no exception.  There is a little blonde that works there that is so small she looks like a small ten year old and is  cuter than  anyone   has a right to be.  Her smile was just about as big as she was. 

Next time I go I might try something besides a burger.  The frozen custard isn't as good as ice cream but better than soft serve. 

I was hoping my brother in law could have joined us for lunch but he was leaving Friday to head back home to Oklahoma so there just wasn't time to work it into the activities he had already planned.  I would have delayed my plans until after tornado season if it was me.  Kind of makes one glad that what we get around here is just mostly rain, and normally not even enough of that.  Sometimes we just have to look at another's situation to realize the things we want to complain about would be a blessing to them.  So I'll just be thankful that its some day of the week and glad its Friday for you.    

No comments: